Rain Rain do NOT go away
What do you do when it rains on a Sunday? Most people binge on Netflix or nap during rainy days, but I love to read. I recently finished The Secret Memoirs of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis by Ruth Francisco which is a novel that is centered around true events, but is a fictional story. However when I started reading this I knew little about Jackie O and after I finished the story I suddenly wanted to know everything about this woman. I started researching everything I could and after about 2 hours of staring at my computer I realized this is what a book should do. A book should make you want to learn more and make you feel connected to the characters, so what makes a good book?
- The plot of the story must be entertaining and should make you think about something in a different way.
- The characters should pull you into the story and make you want to keep reading and you should feel connected to them in some way.
- The ending should satisfying you and leave you with a sense of fulfillment
- The value meaning what you were left with after the story, it should leave you with questions about actual life or a desire to discuss the story with someone else.
- Unpredictability meaning you never know where the story will lead or how characters will react to situations.
- Organization meaning the story flows without being dull, yet creates backstories without being confusing.
No I am not a writer but I do read constantly and always have a book open, so the next time it is raining open a book and figure out if it is worth your time!